2020 – flu vaccinations – Important information
To book a flu clinic appointment please call the surgery on 01805 623222
This year, we will be running our flu clinics differently to ensure that we are Covid safe.
Please follow these instructions when attending a clinic appointment:
- Do not attend if you or any members of your household have symptoms of coronavirus, or if you have been told to isolate. Contact us the following week and we will rebook you when you are able to leave isolation.
- Attend on your own unless you need help in mobilising.
- Walk to the practice if you are able to. Car parking is very limited. If you do need to drive, please be considerate of our neighbours if you parking the local area. If someone is driving you down, there will be drop off and pick up areas, but there will be no waiting areas.
- Do not arrive early or late for your appointment time: we have allocated a strict number of patients per period to ensure that people are queuing for the minimum of time and social distancing is maintained.
- Please wear a face covering.
- We encourage you not to touch anything in the practice. Bring your own hand sanitiser to use should you wish to.
- Please follow the instructions for queuing. The queue will be controlled to ensure social distancing. If you are in a wheelchair or have very limited mobility, please make yourself know to a member of staff.l
- If it is raining on the day, please come prepared with an umbrella as the queue may be outside for a short period of time.
- There will be no chairs available to sit while waiting and you will not be able to sit whilst having the vaccination (for infection control).
- Wear clothing which makes it easy to expose your upper arm. The vaccinations will be given in well ventilated areas in the Surgery comply with infection control.
- Please heed the instructions of the staff who are supervising the patient flow – they are there for your safety.